Video content marketing is by far the fastest way to communicate a comprehensive message about your company’s offerings and what sets you apart. As mobile video consumption continues to grow at a record pace, businesses need to focus on how to integrate meaningful video content into their business marketing strategy to attract new customers and grow engagement with current customers.
Do you remember the idiom ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’? Well, if a picture is one-thousand, imagine the value of a short video. According to Digital Analyst and Disruption author Dr. James McQuivey, a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words!
Don’t just take our word for it, consider the following findings from Cisco’s research on mobile trends in 2015 and forecast trends through 2020:
- Global mobile data traffic grew 74 percent in 2015.
- Mobile video traffic accounted for 55 percent of total mobile data traffic in 2015.
- 75 percent of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2020.
Social media channels continue to invest in developing new tools for video sharing across their platforms because video engages people and it is an easy medium to share.
Quick tips & ideas for video content marketing
- Post a short video that introduces your best assets—your staff on your social media feeds: Smartphones have the ability to capture really great quality videos. Take short video vignettes of your staff and post them. Keep it simple and relevant and make it fun.
- Post a short video about your company’s news or services on your website: Videos are “sticky” – they will engage potential customers for a longer period of time as they peruse your website. According to ComScore, adding a video to your site can increase the change of a front-page Google result by as much as 53 times.
- Post a video about a new sales promotion or a video introducing a featured item in your Email Marketing newsletters: Make your e-mails more valuable to your customers by adding video content to your e-newsletters. According to Forrester Research, adding video to an email drives 2 to 3 times more unique click-thrus.
- Use video to sell your products and services at your retail locations: Over 90 percent of shoppers report that video is helpful in making shopping and buying decisions. Make your video archive available to in-store customers by way of an in-store monitor, video kiosk or ipad station.
If you would like to learn how Sun-Times Custom Studios can help increase the ROI of your video content strategy, please contact us.
Do you like these posts? Sign-up to our monthly newsletter and get them right in your inbox. Sign-up HERE.